Frigidaire Refrigerator Dessert Poster
Frigidaire has its roots in the Guardian Frigerator Company which was formed in 1916 to manufacture the first household electric refrigerator which was invented by Alfred Mellowes in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. General Motors Corporation purchased the new company in 1919, giving it the capital to grow. In 1921 General Motors moved the company to Dayton, Ohio, as a subsidiary of its Delco-Light unit and later as Frigidaire Division. White Consolidated Industries acquired Frigidaire in 1979. Frigidaire became part of AB Electrolux in 1986, with the purchase of WCI by AB Electrolux.