Philippine World Air Lines DC6 Poster
Philippines Air Lines (PAL) began in February 1941. After the war services were restarted using Douglas DC-3s. After the takeover of Far East Air Transport in 1947 PAL acquired DC-6s and began services to San Francisco. In the early 1960s PAL flew DC-8-53 jets in co-operation with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. BAC-111s were introduced in 1966. By the end of the 1960s leased DC8s were again being used for international services, with routes extended into Europe. 1974 saw the DC8 jets replaced with a leased DC-10-30.